Protection of dry farmlands and preservation of natural ecosystems
CDVTA protects dry farmlands and preserves natural ecosystems through;
- Providing sustainable coherence in natural resource management through planting trees to protect the environment, promote climate control and adaptation, increase underground water, and maintain water flow and access to rural communities.
- Popularizing the efficiency of shifting cultivation methods among rural farmers
- Developing a local task force among rural farmers to fight against the use of bush fires
- Creating bigger coalitions with key stakeholders to identify and protect the most vulnerable ecosystems
- Minimizing vegetation disturbance and protecting soil against erosion
- Providing access for clean water supply in rural communities for improved hygiene, sanitation and irrigation for increased food security and agricultural production